Do you ever find yourself stumped on keywords? Are you using the online keyword search tools but feel you’re not really “getting” all that you could?
Here are some ways to find keywords that you may not have considered. Try them and see what kind of results you have.
- Check your competitors’ sites. This may sound “sneaky,” but believe us, webmasters do this all the time. Make a list of your top competitors, the ones that rank high in search results. Visit their sites and then right click anywhere on a page. A popup with “View Page Source” or “View Source” will appear. Select it and then you’ll see the keywords your competitors use in their meta tags, description and title. Consider using the keyword you find there on your own site.
- Take some time and think of all the keywords you think your target market uses to find your product/service. Then think of the keywords that might be related to your offering. Then think of keywords that might be related to those keywords.
- Take a look at your site’s own logs. If you’re not tracking how you’re being found, you should start now. Check to see how visitors to your site are arriving. Take the keywords they’re using to find you and add these to your site.
- Ask others for ideas. Talk to your friends, family and business associates for keyword ideas. What keywords do they/would they use when looking for your product or service?
- Let your mind wander. Keywords may come to you when you’re not actively searching for them. This is why it’s a good idea to keep a notebook with you. You could be waiting in traffic, in line at the movies, even out for a night on the town when you’ll see or read something related to your offering and a good keyword idea will come to you. Jot it down as soon as you think of it; it’s too easy to forget it otherwise.
When you’re having a hard time thinking of good keywords for your website, come to GoiMarketing.com and let our SEO expertise help you build a successful and profitable business. We look forward to being of service.