Regardless of where you are in your journey, the right pest control marketing strategies are elemental to maintaining a reliable customer base that will keep you in business. With that in mind, here is a compilation of the top marketing ideas that will take your pest control business to new heights.
7 Pest Control Marketing Strategies:
1. Build a Fantastic Pest Control Website
At the heart of pest control marketing lies a functional website. A pest control website allows your prospects to learn more about and interact with your business. But most importantly, it represents the first impression of your business, serving as your 24/7 salesperson that potential customers can reach at any time.
In light of the above, create a clutter-free website that offers a superb user experience and easy access to relevant information. Elevate your website’s navigation with fixed headers, a simple navigation menu, clearly defined categories, breadcrumbs, and a working search feature. And leverage white spaces, readable fonts, attractive color themes, and visuals to improve its appearance.
With the above in mind, what information should you include on your website? Following are basic details that will build trust and add some personal touch to your website:
- A detailed list of your services
- Licenses, certifications, and insurance
- Your contact information and services areas
- An online booking form
- Your team members’ pictures and bios
Cognizant that over 80% of the USA population scour the web using mobile devices, you should optimize your mobile device website. This helps mobile users navigate your website seamlessly and gives you an edge in Google ranking. For more details learn our Website design services.
Remember: the above techniques will not work if your website takes ages to load. Approximately 48% of web users expect a webpage to load within two seconds. And 64% of mobile users expect a page to load within four seconds. Here are some of the best ways to enhance your website speed:
- Using browser caching
- Optimizing images
- Reducing redirects
- Leveraging a content distribution network(CDN)
2. Get SEO Right
88% of potential customers looking for pest control services start with a search on search engines. Pest control SEO (search engine optimization) comes in here. It is the process of updating and optimizing your website to organically rank higher on search engines for highly searched pest control keywords. Doing so, you drive more traffic to your website, win more business online, and grow your company’s revenue.
The following are the three pillars of successful SEO campaigns for pest control companies:
- Website structure and code: Build your website in a way that allows search engines to find, index, and show it to prospects.
- Online Content: Your website should consist of multiple pages featuring pest control SEO best practices, including useful information, internal links, and highly relevant keywords.
- Offsite factors and reviews: Your site must earn positive reviews online and generate quality backlinks from other relevant websites.
But note that search engines take time to recognize SEO efforts. So, do not expect SEO results overnight. But with consistency, a well-done SEO campaign guarantees you long-term results elemental to your business revenue.
3. Optimize Your Website for Google’s Local Pack
Google’s Local Pack is a prominent group of three local business listings that Google considers most relevant to a user’s query and location. Above this list is a map of the searcher’s area with businesses related to the search.
To consistently feature in the Local Pack and drive local customers to your business, you will need to elevate your local SEO. You can do this by polishing your Google My Business (GMB) page. GMB allows you to respond to reviews to build trust and loyalty, showcase anything new in your business, and add photos of your business. By optimizing your GMP page, you allow homeowners and property managers to:
- See your posts and offers
- View your location
- Learn about your business hours
- Find your contact information
- See your business photos
- View reviews from your past clients
- Book your services effortlessly
Another way to drive your pest control company into the local pack is by claiming your local search listing on relevant local directories, including Yelp, Angie’s List, Thumbtack, HomeAdvisor, and Porch. Keep your NAP (name, address, and phone) details consistent throughout these platforms to maintain trust.
Do not forget to use localized keywords in your web copies. Examples of localized keywords for an LA pest control company would be “Los Angeles Pest Control,” “Pest Control in Los Angeles,” and “Pest Control Company in Los Angeles.”
4. Build an Informative Pest Control Blog
The modern consumer is overly obsessed with information. And using a pest control website, you can offer prospects the information they are looking for and convert them into leads. And as if that is not enough, a blog plays a critical role in search engine ranking and thought leadership growth.
But the big question is, will people be interested in reading you’re pest control blog content? The answer is yes. A good strategic top-notch content lies in asking yourself the right questions, including:
- What questions do your customers ask frequently? If customers ask a particular question regularly, this means the knowledge on those topics is scarce.
- What concerns do customers have for pest control services? Create content around issues troubling your prospects-for example, the safety, and effectiveness of pest control products.
- What do you want prospects to know? Your blog is an excellent platform to introduce potential customers to information about pest control and your services. Think about pest-related news and events affecting local homeowners, pest control DIY tips, bug bite identification tips, etc.
Coming up with great strategic, proven local marketing tactics and data-driven methods, GoMarketing is the right pest control digital marketing agency that helps you to grow your business.
5. Leverage Paid Ads(PPC) for Pest Control Companies
Pay Per Click(PPC) is a highly affordable and scalable advertising form in which you pay for each click on your ad. Examples of Google Ads are the 3-4 listings you see above organic results when you search for something on Google.
When done right, PPC advertising boasts the potential to drive almost instant traffic to your website, unlike SEO, which takes some time to generate meaningful results.
Something else you will love about pest control PPC campaigns is that they generate high-intent leads ready to hire your services. This is because the PPC ads are highly targeted, allowing you to showcase your business to people actively looking for your services. Still, the strategy’s flexibility enables you to decrease and increase your budget according to the ads’ performance and your budget limit. PPC’s flexibility also means that you can turn on and off the campaigns anytime you wish.
Among the PPC best practices for pest control services include:
- Using highly relevant keywords
- Defining your primary target audience
- Writing compelling copies that resonate with your audience
- Using small, focused Ad groups
- Adding negative keywords to eliminate non-profitable clicks
- Adding actionable CTAs
- Creating robust landing pages
6. Generate Online Reviews
Just because prospects find your website in search engine results does not mean they will hire your services. Here is a simple task for you- perform a local search. Which of the business featured in the local pack would you call first? You would choose the one with the most reviews and a high average rating.
Approximately 91% of customers read online reviews, and 84% trust online testimonials as much as a personal recommendation. Bearing this fact in mind, it is time you create a review generation strategy.
To get started, use personalized emails to request valuable feedback from your customers after completing their projects. If the feedback is positive, proceed to ask for a review. Sometimes you will receive negative feedback. It is critical to respond to these reviews professionally and fix the issue quickly.
As your business grows, managing your online reviews may be quite overwhelming. Online reputation management services and review management platforms come in handy here.
7. Elevate Your Email Marketing Strategy
Whereas PPC advertising returns $2 for every $1 spent, email marketing generates $44 for every $1 spent (a whopping 4400%).
Email marketing helps you to connect to lead interested in your services, grab their interest, and nurture them down the sales funnel with relevant information and offers. Keep in mind the following ways to get the most out of email marketing for pest control companies:
- Build a subscribers list (not buying!): Use email sign-in forms and pop-up boxes on your website to get prospects to subscribe to your newsletters.
- Segment your audience: Avoid sending blanket emails to your subscribers. Instead, segment them by interest, behavior, and demographics to send unique emails that interest each group.
- Automate your email campaigns: Organize and send multiple emails in one place, automate emails, and track your campaign results using email marketing platforms like Mailchimp and AWeber.
- Test different emails: Test different subjects, images, and email types (general email vs. sale email) to see which best resonates with your subscribers.
Revamp Your Pest Control Marketing Strategy with GoMarketing
Pest control marketing is critical to driving more clients to your doors, elevating your revenues, and growing your company. Whereas you want to focus on your business, implementing the above techniques requires time and energy. Therefore, it helps to partner with the right professionals to get the most out of digital marketing.
At GoMarketing, we can help distinguish your company from the hordes of competitors and elevate its growth using robust, online marketing programs specifically designed for pest control services. Call us today at 805-413-7893 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation and learn how to help with our pest control digital marketing services.